In its broker sentiment poll, United Trust Bank (UTB) revealed that 14.5% of respondents thought that pricing in the asset finance sector was unsustainable.
- B&C roundtable: BTL lender departures, hybrid products and utopian underwriters
- UTB Structured Finance provides £3.4m facility for commercial storage site purchase
- United Trust Bank launches promotion for bridging loans over £500,000
Other highlights from the research included:
- 71% of asset finance brokers were content with current lender pricing
- 14.5% believed that pricing was currently too high
- 43% expected lender pricing to remain about the same over the next 12 months, while just 20% thought it would decrease
- high street banks were seen as the main competition, followed by other brokers, specialist lenders, businesses self-sourcing finance and vendor or sales
“It is apparent there’s still a need for volume, but as Brexit draws near … the impact of a potential no-deal Brexit may place us in uncharted waters,” said Keith Sangwin, head of sales for asset finance at UTB (pictured above).